Camping and Horses
WELCOME TO CAMPING AND HORSES FORUM. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT CAMPING WITH HORSES. WHERE TO CAMP ? WHAT DO I NEED?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Camping and Horses
WELCOME TO CAMPING AND HORSES FORUM. PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT CAMPING WITH HORSES. WHERE TO CAMP ? WHAT DO I NEED?
Camping and Horses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traveling through BC and Yukon during month of March

2 posters

Go down

Traveling through BC and Yukon during month of March Empty Re: Traveling through BC and Yukon during month of March

Post  surf girl Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:50 am

I've just finished up a trip from BC to PEI, and back again, with my mare. I had a blast. If there's any info I can help you with, let me know and I'll try to be of some assistance.

surf girl

Back to top Go down

Traveling through BC and Yukon during month of March Empty Re: Traveling through BC and Yukon during month of March

Post  Tundrabrushbuster Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks for the reply! After much consideration I have decided March would probably be the worst time to be on the road...temperatures will be warming up and with a little bit more sunshine it could really make the roads slick. Contacting local feed stores, etc...is great idea, thanks! Believe I have the trip planned out now and a adventure is awaiting!

Tundrabrushbuster

Back to top Go down

Post  surf girl Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 am

Hey, I'm not an expert on your topic by any means (I live on balmy Vancouver Island) but I thought I'd give it a go... I think part of your route is going to take you down either the Coquihalla or one of the other high mountain roads. I would be wary of winter driving conditions in March - not fun to haul on. I would also be concerned that in March, many campgrounds will not yet be open for the season - check opening dates as you're planning your stops.

If you're comfortable with the driving conditions, but are finding campgrounds are closed, you could consider ringing up stables in whatever areas you plan to overnight. Even if places don't specifically offer "bed & bales" or overnight board, they may well be open to the idea. Fairgrounds/rodeo grounds will also often have layover options. If you're having trouble finding places, think about calling a local tack store/feeds store or large animal clinic for advice.

Best of luck and safe travels.

surf girl

Back to top Go down

Traveling through BC and Yukon during month of March Empty Traveling through BC and Yukon during month of March

Post  Tundrabrushbuster Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:26 pm

I originally was planning a trip through BC and Yukon during the month of March heading down to AZ and now rethinking it....first of all the road conditions during that time of year, even though I would not be in a hurry, would you consider it okay traveling during that time? Also during that time of year is it difficult finding a place to camp with my two horses? I thought there is a possibly campgrounds or other places would not be plowed out yet to gain access.

Tundrabrushbuster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum